Production Blog: Re-shoot day

 


 

Hey blog. Finally me and Kevin were able to form a plan and we were able to meet and re-shoot the film. a few days ago me and Kevin formed a new plan. This time we would shoot the film in his house. We just needed to secure a ride. Luckily I was able to take his bus with no issue. Once we were there issues did begin to appear. For once since we had shot the original footage so long ago the time had changed. We now had an extra hour. That meant that the sun was burning bright well until 7:00. This was a huge issue. I couldn't stay that late and the time it would take to gather all of the footage would take far too long. All of the scenes were shot at night. Kevin's house has huge open windows in every room. It seemed impossible. I was tempted to give up. There weren't even any blinds for his windows. However, we just couldn't afford to wait another day. So we shot all of the scenes. The house's layout was drastically different from mine. With much less space in some areas and way more in others. I wanted to create the same feeling as the first film. So I used similar shots. I made adjustments where they were needed. Some shots had to be a lot closer than I had originally planned. I had to re-invent the ending as we didn't have any supplies. This time instead of a monster. I shot new scenes that would heavily imply that there was a monster. To solve the lighting issue I was able to edit the footage so that it still looked like the scenes were shot at night. Thats all for today. I'll see you in the next one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Filming, gathering group footage