Peer Review Blog

 


 

Hey blog. Today I had my friend Julian review our film. To be honest I was hoping that he wouldn't have much to say in terms of criticism, but I also wanted his honest opinion. I put a lot of effort into this film and of course I'm open to critique but I was hoping I did a well enough so that he would be impressed. Surprisingly and thankfully he was greatly impressed with out film. He really liked the camera work and visuals. He said the the picture getting gradually grainier was a nice touch. However he noted that it could have been done smoother. The very beginning scenes were crystal clear in cold lighting. The picture looked too clean and the transition from that to the warmly lit, grainier picture of the later scenes. The contrast was too hard and I could have made these 2 visuals blend more seamlessly. He was also impressed with the use of different camera angles in my shots. he really appreciated the use of both dutch angles and wide shots. He did note that the music was distracting in some scenes where it would have benefited to be quieter and allow the audience to focus on whats happening in the scene. He also really likes the song choice. The sound is a really popular sound on TikTok and it's extremely well known, but it's not too often found outside of TikTok. I was glad that I was able to create the unnerving atmosphere I was aiming for. All in all he was very impressed with our film. There were some critiques of course but I'm glad I was given an honest assessment. Now that I know where to improve I can make the proper adjustments. That's all for today I'll see you in the next one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Filming, gathering group footage